Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

December 1, 2011

Impatient Me

Amazon.com and the USPS are killing me right now!

Back Story:  I recently ordered a Kindle for my birthday.  Delivery time was estimated at between Dec 5 and Dec 10.  I hate waiting that long.. but also hate to pay for shipping.  Quite the dilemma.

Present Situation:  The good news is that having ordered it on November 28th in the afternoon.. it actually shipped early the morning of  Nov 29th (3 am).  And, the delivery date was updated on my order to Dec 1!  I was so excited to think I would actually get it this week instead of next.

Agonizing Progress:  Amazon.com is amazing.  It has the best ordering system and tracking system in the business.  So, tracking the order to a snap.  However... it is challenging my patience.  You see......

The package left Arizona at 3 am Nov 29th and made it to Hayward, CA (about 20-25 miles away) at around 9:20pm the same day; meaning it took roughly 18 hours to go from Arizona to Hayward.  It then sat in Hayward for 7 hours before being sent to Santa Clara.  That's where I live!!  It took another 7 hours minutes to arrive.  That was yesterday at 11:46am.

In summary:  It took around 32 hours total (18+7+7) to go from Phoenix Arizona to right down the street from me.

And now it has remained undelivered in Santa Clara... for over 27 hours.

This is killing me :)

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Now back in the day.... you would not have had the ability to track your package and you would be so happy to see it arrive prior to the promised delivery date. But because it is 2011 (for a few more weeks) we have the ability to check and yes it is frustrating! Just be glad you didn't have to go anywhere - like AZ to pick it up!

The Hendersons said...

UPDATE: my Kindle has arrived! Apparently, the issue was updating the tracking status.. because when I arrived home last night it was sitting in my mailbox! Sweet!

The Hendersons said...

@Vicky: just to recap.. back in the day i was happy if my diapers weren't wet.