Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

January 24, 2011

Infirmary Report

Julie went to the doctor this morning to be poked, prodded and inspected.  Her surgeon is pleased with the progress she is making.  Her incisions are healing nicely, her strength is good and she's eating well.  She's been cleared to get back into her schedule at work (slowly) and do whatever activities she desires as long as she is careful. 

At the same time I'd like to lodge a formal protest.  I think going to that hospital to visit Julie infected me!  It used to be that I rarely got sick - and I am usually very reluctant to let illness get the best of me.  However, this one is really ticking me off ;)  After 2 weekends of not getting much sleep due to gall bladder attacks - I was really looking forward to this last weekend and enjoying a couple wonderful nights of sleep next to my surgery recovering, drugged up wife.  I thought I had it made in the shade.

However, on Friday I started to develop a 'nasal drip' (the nice term) which is exacerbated by laying down!  The result?  I am having a very difficult time sleeping again.  It is unnerving to wake up drowning in your own 'nasal drip'. 

I'm not sure just which patient it was that exposed me.  Was it the woman with no legs in the ER?  That lady was coughing up a lung next door!  Or, was it the cleaning lady that was going from room to room cleaning waste baskets?  That's who was infecting everyone on that episode of House.  Honestly, I don't know - and I can't prove anything anyway. 

I just know that I am really, really getting scared to try to sleep during the weekends.

Is this a turning 50 thing?  That you actually want to sleep at night?  Sheeeeesh!

4 comments:

~joanne said...

get to feeling better you old geezers! jeepers!

Joel said...

Oregon air usually makes me feel better. That, and a dose of Ryan.

julie said...

He really is in bad shape. It is so sad. We are a hot mess!!

Tod Henderson said...

update: 5 of us are sick at work right now. and i was the last of the 5 to get sick. 4 more suspects.....