Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

May 10, 2011

Finished

I almost forgot to mention that we finished the bathroom project last week; just in time to free up the guest bathroom for our visitors to Hannah's graduation this week.

It's hard to get a good picture of such a small room.  I don't have lens with sufficient wide angle to nail it - so I tried with Julie's camera this morning.  The results were mediocre - but you get the picture.

We love the dark vanity and matching mirror - and the solid surface vanity top and matching shower walls turned out great.



A critical design decision for the bathroom was low maintenance.  We went with solid surface walls to get rid of those grout lines we'd need to be cleaning when we're 70.  And, there won't be any failed grout lines letting water through the walls and popping tiles off! 


I'd discuss the floor - but Joanne would laugh at my commentary.  So, let me just say we've received some nice compliments that the floor looks good.


It was bittersweet finishing this project as this was the last room in the house we renovated.  I guess it's time to focus on the backyard now.  Julie already told me I'm going to have to slate the patio sometime :)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Absolutely beautiful. Nicely done.

~joanne said...

WHOA...a totally clear shower wall!?!?
All you need now is a Handicap handle and a shower chair!

~joanne said...

Oh very nice love it..a little jealous!!!!

~joanne said...

okay...a lot jealous!!!!