Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

May 31, 2011

Motivation

There are periods of time in my life when, I’m almost ashamed to admit, my prime motivation is just to keep going. Keep moving forward. To simply get to the other side of a set of obstacles that clutter my days. My mindset becomes one of “ok, over the next ABC period of time I have to do/accomplish X, Y and Z. Let’s just get through this”.

In fact, these are realistic thoughts. Sometimes living and functioning in community presents a de rigueur rhythm that calls us to trade living our lives for living for others. Sacrificial love makes demands at times. Life in a fallen world makes demands at times. My challenge is to not allow these insipid demands to totally dull my zest for life.

I feel like I’m coming out of one of those ABC->XYZ periods of life and am actually starting to get my motivational juices flowing again. It feels good.

No comments: