Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

August 12, 2011

Cabela's

I have finally been to Cabela's!  They recently opened a new store nearby to Eugene, Oregon.  It's just off Highway 5 on our way to Salem.  It was too good an opportunity to pass up.  I had to see what the Buckners have been raving about for years.


My initial impressions were very favorable.  You gotta love a store that assumes you may be packin'.


And once we were inside I could see what all the fuss is about.  I mean, they definitely tell it how it is.  No pretending like there is no death in the animal kingdom.  If you're going to have a stuffed polar bear on display you might as well include it's lunch as well.  Poor little seal.


And all the other displays were just as realistic.  I can definitely see what the attraction is.


And as for products - they are amazing.  So many terrific items including this heavy duty, ROUND, pie iron Julie picked up.  Can't wait to use it.


 Can't wait to return!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the pictures! Julie I remember using the pie iron my first time with your family in your backyard. Great memories!

~joanne said...

Cabela's rules! Did you eat in the cafeteria?...they serve buffalo sandwiches.