Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

November 10, 2009

From Bad to Worse to Better

Sometimes when it rains; it pours. Sometimes when you biff; you get biffed on.

Most days, if there is not something urgent or pressing happening at work I get away for a walk. Yesterday was just another day of walking. I was reading this really interesting economics book and humming along - when all of a sudden I feel this, 'twap' on my head. Something had dropped on my head. Since I was reading, I was distracted and it didn't immediately dawn on me what had just happened. I thought a leaf bounced off my head or something. Instead, as I brushed through my hair I transferred the bird poop that had so gloriously rained down on me from the top of my head to my hand. Sheesh.

Thankfully, I was only a few hundred yards from our building. I was able to get back to the bathroom without further incident. There, I washed my hair (thank God for big sinks) and hands. Back to normal.

I have never had that happen to me.. although I've experienced prolonged attacks on my car. How bizarre.

Coming off the worse.. I am pleased to say that I was able to successfully mix up grout last night and apply it to the floor without further incident. So, Hannah - it only took one extra bag ;) At least I finished the day strong. TKA would be so proud of me.

6 comments:

~joanne said...

Might want to wear a hat from now on!

Joel said...

Did you get that tattoo on your head that you had been talking about a while back, and was that tattoo a target by any chance?

Tod Henderson said...

not yet joel - but now you're making me wonder if i'm losing my hair up there.. and there is a little target in the middle of my head ;)

Joel said...

TOD: Target of Ornithic Droppings

Hannah said...

Ouch Dad. That is a bummer

Tod Henderson said...

TOD: Turd's Outbound Destination