Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

November 16, 2009

I love this woman and this picture.

I love traveling and exploring with Julie. I am so blessed to have a wife who shares an enthusiasm for being outdoors and having fun with me. Who wouldn't want to date such a woman?

During our recent trip/date to Oregon we took advantage of a gorgeous morning by taking an early morning walk; during which I snapped this picture of Julie racing ahead of me across the beach. While I'm no photographer - I must admit that I love it.

It appeals to me on several levels. First, I love that she is out ahead of me. Not tied to me at the hip - or behind me - but in front. An equal in a very positive way.

Second, this image captures her energy. Julie is so good for me because she makes me want to stay young and able to chase her through life. While you can't see her face in this image - I just imagine her face is happy when you see how effortlessly she jogs across the sand.

Third, I love how so much of the beach - a metaphor for life - is in front of her. I see her moving confidently into the future. Unafraid. Enthusiastic to see where it leads. While only some of the path in front of her is visible (the beach curves to the left ahead) she seems eager to see where the path will take her.

Some pictures just move you.. and this one did it for me!

9 comments:

~joanne said...

Who are you and what did you do with Tod!

Joel said...

Very post-modern deconstructivist of you, padre.

robopope said...

Todd:

Let's face it. You and I and many of our man friends definitely married "Up".

It's God's little reward to us for not being complete weenies. Sometimes I wonder how the heck they love us at all. Love is blind. Thank God it's deaf and dumb at times as well.

E

Hannah said...

I'm seeing a triathlon in mother's future...

Tod Henderson said...

listen very carefully ...can you hear it? .. it's the Chariots of Fire theme playing as she runs down the beach!

Tod Henderson said...

Eric.. truer words have not been spoken!

julie said...

I think I was worried I was going to be late for the breakfast buffet and needed to pick up the pace!!

Tod Henderson said...

joel - u concuring with the breakfast buffet thing? or the marrying up thing? :)

Joel said...

Buffet