Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma Julie!

When we were up in Oregon, Ryan asked me if I would post this on Julie's birthday.  

As the person in this family that has the most recent experience with having a birthday I want to be among the first to wish you a very Happy Birthday.  As I was languishing around in my mommy for the last few months I spent a lot of time reflecting on just how amazing life is.  And I realize it wouldn't have been possible without my mommy and my daddy.  And my dad wouldn't have been possible without you.  You are very special and important to me.  And, I am really looking forward to getting to know your father when I visit him this summer... because he was responsible for you.  

Thank you for already having connected with me in my life.  It was very nice having you visit and take care of me. You are very gentle and your hands are always warm.  I like that.  I even liked it when you took all those pictures of me.  When I look back years from now at those pictures I will remember our first visit fondly.

I wish I could be there with you today - but I can't because I can't drive.  My neck isn't strong enough.. and my legs are really short right now. But, know that I love you and will be thinking of you - and may even make a strange noise to celebrate your big day.

I love you,

Ryan



















7 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh my goodness. This is so sweet!
Happy Birthday Julie and may the blessings in your life continue to grow!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Yay for Julie month!

~joanne said...

toot!toot! Love Ryan!

Happy Birthday...you are moving closer & closer to that BIG 5-0!!!

Frozos here you come....

julie said...

toot?toot?

~joanne said...

Ryan making a 'strange noise' to celebrste your b-day...

Unknown said...

The birthday sound you are referring to is correctly spelled "Urhsiahe." As I explained on the facebook, it is loosely translated as best wishes in the coming year.

Lurinda said...

Julie month begins.....Happy Birthday!