Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

September 3, 2010

70!

Interesting timing.  We ended up having to attend the funeral of Bill's brother-in-law today;  the day before we all come together to celebrate Bill's 70th birthday (his actual birthday is later in the week).  It was God's own timing to have so much of the family together for these celebrations.

I'm grateful that Bill is healthy and, God-willing, should be with us for 30 more years.  But the juxtaposition of a funeral with a birthday reminds me to communicate my thankfulness, appreciation and love whenever and however I can.

Bill is the epitome of a father.  I am lucky to have his daughter as my wife, Bill as my father in law and the rest of his family as my extended family.  He has been a constant blessing throughout my life.  We have talked, worked, laughed, cried and played together for so many memory filled years - I can barely remember life before I knew him.

Throughout all of those years he has shown me how to be a man who loves the Lord,  loves his family,  loves his Church and loves his community. 

I don't want to use up all my good eulogy stories here!  ha!  But just know that my memories are filled with thoughts of you and you are loved beyond your wildest dreams by so many around you - including Team Henderson!

Happy 70th!! 

2 comments:

~joanne said...

he's a great daddyo!

Vicki said...

You should post a "Tissue Needed" warning before you write these kind of blogs!