Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

July 5, 2009

Ahhhhh.. the 5th of July!

Team Henderson hosts an annual 4th of July Celebration. We enjoy a big barbecue (this year featuring hamburgs, foot long all beef hot dogs and salmon) and time of fellowship with our friends.

We love America. We think it remains a most amazing gift from God to us and we are grateful for being here, enjoying freedom and being able to give something back for all God has done for us.

We had a great time and the fireworks display was spectacular with an impressive finale - as always.

I didn't take any pictures during the party.. but I know Aaron and Emily had their camera out.. so hopefully we'll post some pictures of the event soon (after I swipe some from Emily's Flicker account ;D ).

As much as we enjoy the excitement of the 4th.. we love the slow, leisurely pace of the 5th. The house is clean. The yard is spik-n-span. So, all there is to do on the 5th is enjoy a slow, sweet nap. Here's Julie and Indy doing just that on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

























































It's time for me to nestle into the couch and take my nap! I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday!

5 comments:

~joanne said...

she's got the life!

Vicki said...

What a beautiful pool.

Joel said...

Awesome, the pool looks primed and ready for TH2's California excursion. T-41 days and counting!

Lurinda said...

What a pool! Looks inviting...may have to check in out while I am there! See you soon...Aug just around the corner.

Vicky said...

Hey my friends, sounds like you celebrated in grand fashion and YES! naps are the best...I could use one right now...oh sucks I am sitting at my dest at work... guess I better get back to it. peace out! Vick

July 7, 2009 8:03 AM