Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

September 14, 2008

1/3rd of the Globe

I admit that I am a bit obsessive about keeping track of my walking/running. That is evidenced by today's post. You see, over the last 847 days I have recorded my 'mileage'. My goal is to someday circumnavigate the globe (24,901.55 miles).

Well, yesterday I made it to 1/3 around! Yep, I've walked over 33.33% of the distance around the globe. (that's roughly equivalent to walking from San Jose, California to Singapore! - which would be a tough walk)

There's no way I can maintain the pace of the last 2-3 years.. but someday - God willing - I'll make it - and my Omron Pedometer will be with me every step of the way.

BTW.. TRUE STORY.. normally if Julie works on Saturdays I will walk over and grab a dozen donuts from our wonderful Stan's Donuts! I believe I actually achieved the 1/3 globe mark while standing in line at Stan's while waiting for my chance at the fatty donuts! Too funny!

2 comments:

~joanne said...

It's okay to be obsessive! What a great accomplishment...keep it up.

Our friend is doing the Pacific Coast Trail right now...I think he will finish in Oct......maybe you can conquer that next??

~joanne said...

You and Stan are tight!