Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Joel!!

Ahh Joel! It's finally here.

Happy 24th Birthday!!

You are a fab-u-lous son and we appreciate being your parents soooo much; beyond our ability to understand the wonderful gift from God. We have loved you from the moment you were born and we saw you take those first breaths until today!

Enjoy yourself today and always!

Here are just a few quick photos of the fun, sword-bearing, quirky, entertaining, fashion-setting, Irishman you have become!

We don't want to know exactly what Joel is up to in this photo.. but the Salem Police apparently do. This photo was first publically displayed - along with 9 similar photos - at the Salem Post Office.

However, as I told the officer.. I do have a vague recollection that we purchased the sword for your college graduation ;)


This picture is one of my all time favorites of you. I can remember the occasion so vividly and the total happiness that you had in those moments soaring through the Irish air. There is a sense of true joy you exude when you are in your element that is a blessing to witness. I love the look on your face, the energy in the pose, the setting, the memory! I smile every time I see this picture.

That's right.. this is Joel completely enclosed in a front loading dryer. I don't think any studying got done this day at Willamette!

Tyler, Troy and Trent - Do ... excuse me.. DO NOT.. run downstairs into the basement and try this in the front loading dryer you own that looks incredibly similar to this picture! I said DON'T!! (but should you decide to totally disobey your uncle... grab a camera!)

(okay.. Joanne - I tried).

And.. yes, if you blow up the picture of the hamburger sitting in front of Joel here.. you will be able to clearly distinguish four (4) 1/3lb patties.. with four layers of cheese.. plus sauce. The comment that accompanied the QuadBurger in the menu was "are you serious?". Yes, he was. Joel ate the fries, some cheese sticks as well as downing the ENTIRE 1&1/3lb QuadBurger.

Carissa, as a medical professional.. I just thought you should know. Joel has shared with us how your beauty stops his heart.. and he is without a doubt completely smitten.. but he's also got like 40 quarts of cholesterol sloshing through his arteries! So, we're thinking about getting you a pocket defibrillator for Christmas... CLEAR!!

This next picture combines 3 of Joel's great loves.. Disney movies.. swords.. and taking goofy pictures. Need I say more?

And finally.. well.. you decide what this is. I think it just reflects that Joel is ever changing and surprising us.

Have a great birthday! SHABOO YAH!!

3 comments:

~joanne said...

I think I still have some of his homemade swords. One year for his birthday I gave him like 4 rolls of tape and a hunk of paper....to make his swords with!

Joel you are a great nephew....Happy 24th from all of us here!

I'll try not to let Tx3 see the dryer picture!

Joan said...

RE: Dryer Photo. Wow! Joel without masses of hair?! I like it! What a cute face. How about doing that style for the wedding? Oops! None Of My Business! If Carissa wasn't so twitterpated maybe I could talk sense into her and SHE could convince you. I know. NOMB. Yup, Joel, you're a cutie-patooty.

Joel said...

Thanks padre! I especially like the Irish action shot; it's one of my all-time favorites too!