Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

November 30, 2008

Greetings from Holland

It’s Sunday night and I’ve been in rainy Holland for a day or so – on business. We’re staying in The Haag.. which is south of Amsterdam.

I haven’t had much time to explore yet – as we prepare for meetings tomorrow.. but here’s what I’ve got so far!

1st.. there are TONS of bikes in this country. Here’s a bike rack… or should I say a series of bike racks outside a public building. That’s a lot of bikes.

2nd.. our Hotel, the Des Indes, is really beautiful. 14’ ceilings in the guest rooms. Georgous architecture. Very ornate! Here’s a picture of part of my room. It’s comfortable.. but lonely without Julie ;(

3rd.. this is a cool mixture of old and new Europe. Here’s a picture I got in the brief time period where there wasn’t rain and I got to get outside and walk around. Everywhere in Holland there are rivers/or canals.. or whatever you would call them. I tried to capture this picture that is an old style building with lights reflected in the canal… with the outlines of more modern buildings in the background. The old with the new. Anyways.. I tried ;)

Okay.. off to bed for me in preparations for our meeting tomorrow. I love you all and look forward to getting back home!

4 comments:

julie said...

Miss you lots!! Great pictures. How is the food?

The Hendersons said...

the meals have been great. we did a formal dinner last night. it was four courses and all were really nice. breakfasts are just like at home with all the stuff (eggs, bread, links, etc). would you believe i haven't had a lunch since i arrived? what's up with that??

Vicki said...

The photos are beautiful. You have such a gift for taking pictures! Thanks for sharing.

The Hendersons said...

Hey Vicki! Thanks for your nice comments. That was nice of you.