Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

December 12, 2008

Not So Silent Night

Last night I attended the Live 105 Not So Silent Night concert at Oracle Arena. And it was loud! Not too bad though. I am told by a couple of people that also attended the AC/DC concert last week that on a scale of 1 to AC/DC that this was only a '3'. And I believe them because my ears aren't ringing today or anything.. and they reported post concert ear ringing for up to 4 days!






In all we saw five bands play:

Jack's Mannequin - Franz Ferdinand - Bloc Party - Death Cab for Cutie - and The Killers.

The Killers were the headline act and they sounded great. Of the 5 groups.. the only one that didn't mesh with my tastes was Franz Ferdinand. Sorry guys.

Those in attendance were split into two groups.. the oldies and the goodies (post-college)! Of the oldies - Diane Smith was definitely the most excited. She LOVES Death Cab for Cutie. All I heard about leading up to the concert was Death Cab for Cutie! In fact, here she is talking to people at the concert about them! I am so glad she got to see them. I would look over at her every once in awhile as they were playing and she was totally into it. Very cool. All it all it was a great evening!

Oh.. I forgot to mention.. but I was taking pictures with my camera in our seats and then got up to walk around and get a different view. Well, a security guard came up to me and told me I couldn't have my camera in the arena (even after they thoroughly checked my bag when I entered the arena). So, I had to walk to the media center - forfeit my camera - before finishing the concert. So.. sorry folks, but no Killers photos ;(



























1 comment:

~joanne said...

Apparently, you guys were in the 'oldies' group....although you are post-college!...really post-college!

I have never heard of any of those groups!...but that doesn't say much...I don't follow any groups!