Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

February 19, 2009

Tart-tastic!

Did Julie and I tell you that we now have personal chefs?

I don't know what we possibly did to be blessed like this.. but Jon and Rachel have taken to making us dinner once a week for the last few weeks. I'm getting to the point that I get generally excited about rolling into the driveway Monday nights - just to see the feast-of-the-week.

Last weekend we got a very special bonus course. Tarts! And they were delicious! I don't just mean that they tasted good. I mean they were 'beyond good'. They were .. tart-tastic! The 'shells' or whatever the chef-specific term for the crust is - was absolutely perfect. It was uniform in thickness and just the right texture. The 'cream' or 'filling' or 'tart guts' or whatever you would call the middle part was heaven. It was creamy and smooth and I simply loved the tart taste. Topped off with 'succulent' fruit these were treats fit for a king!

I would definitely get in my car, drive to a store and buy those bad-boys. Scrumptious!

And they look simply spectacular. Don't they?

I feel so blessed to have great friends! Thank you God. And thank you Jon and Rachel for sharing your precious talent and time with us!

2 comments:

~joanne said...

I'm soooo jealous! I always said, if I could have a cleaning person or a cook....it would be a cook!

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, that it's a small thing to cook a meal once a week, if it means that I don't have to fight people in the community laundry room, removing their molded laundry and lint from machines that rarely work anyway. Plus, we love spending time with you guys too!