Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

February 15, 2009

You're Not Paranoid If They Really ARE Watching!

If you go down and check out the blog entry I posted on February 12th you'll notice that I mentioned the US Cabinet. The post itself was just a bit of a political spoof.

When I originally posted the entry I mentioned President Obama. I think I referred to 'President Obama's nominations' to the Cabinet or something of that nature. Later, because as a general rule I don't like to have full (first and last names) proper names on the blog to protect the privacy of family and friends.. I went back and changed the wording slightly to remove the reference to President Obama. Specifically, I changed the phrase to 'everyone recently nominated'.

Anyways... fast forward to the next day. I have some software attached to our blog that allows me to see how many people are checking out the blog and where the blog 'hits' originate from. For instance, I know that Lurinda connects to the internet using a service in Delton.. because that is where I get hits from (along with Plainwell) in southern Michigan.

Using that software, I noticed a huge increase in people checking out the blog on February 12th. So, I went to check out where they came from. I was shocked to see that I received hits from 22 countries and dozens of US states! Yes, 22 countries!

Here's the list:

Brazil, Canada, France, Colombia, Netherlands, Portugal, Mexico, Argentina, Philippines, Austria, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Turkey, Germany, Greece, Japan, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Peru and Poland!

Whoa!

Apparently, there are people around the world very interested in anything written about our President. I don't think they're going to get to much intelligence from this blog (beat you to that!).. but it appears they are watching.

Like I said - you're not paranoid if they really are watching!

2 comments:

Joel said...

You better watch those Swiss folks, or they'll go all neutral on you :D

The Hendersons said...

Sweet comeback joel! Way to go all historical on me! Niiiccceee.