Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

April 4, 2009

I Found It!

When Julie works on Saturday mornings (around once a month) I always try to bring the staff something yummy during the morning. That usually involves some still-warm donuts from their favorite - Stan's donuts.

When we were in Salem Joel introduced us to the Great Harvest Bread Company. As I recall, we just hung around the entrance, sampling all their goodies (they provide very generous samples in all their stores) and then bought some amazing muffins and bread.

Recently, thanks to Seri, we found out there was a store in Berkeley - just around the corner from where we drive to visit Hannah. Last night I decided to surprise Julie's staff with some of their treats. So just after Julie left.. I popped up, showered and was off to explore.

I wasn't disappointed. Here it is.. the wonderful Great Harvest Bread Co. Berkeley! For you locals.. it's on College Avenue! Well, I brought about a 7 lb box of muffins, scones and cinnamon rolls to Julie's office a few minutes ago.. then came home and attacked the 9 grain bread loaf I got. Oh.. and the pumpkin-walnut muffin didn't survive the ride home ;0

I am glad this place is 45 miles away. It would be dangerous if it were just around the corner!

3 comments:

Janice said...

As I recall, bread was always your favorite part of the meal. This sounds great. I checked and we don't have any in Indianapolis. We do have a Panera Bread that sounds similar (and has great bagels that the sales reps bring in to work for inservices sometimes)

Lurinda said...

OoooH! I am so jealous! Just sitting here my mouth waters knowing what they got to experience. I am sure you received many thanks. Nice surprise! Job well done.

julie said...

Nothing beats great bread and muffins!! Way to carbo load so early in the day.