Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

April 1, 2009

Schoolcraft Fight Song!

Schoolcraft High School, which both Julie and I attended (I guess that would make us high school sweethearts!) made it to the Class C Michigan men's basketball finals last weekend! We were so excited to hear of their success and cheer them on in the tournament.

I played in the band throughout high school and must have played our fight song 10,000 times during that period. I can still remember the music to the song as if it were yesterday. So, then I tried to remember the words.

Ooops... my alzheimers addled brain just couldn't pull them all out. I nailed the beginning and end.. but flailed in the middle.

I googled and googled to no avail! Stymied. Finally, I sent an email to the current director of bands for Schoolcraft High School, Ms. Luegge.

Well, it took her all of 30 minutes to respond. Victory!

Joanne, here are the words to our beloved fight song thanks to Ms. Luegge!!

Schoolcraft, Schoolcraft hats off to thee
fight, fight, fight for our victory
Shout to the Skies
Our High School War Cries
The Bravest will defy

Rah, Rah, Rah

Come and Cheer for Purple and Gold
Fight, Fight, Fight like teams of old
To strive, to strive for honor and team and victory!

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh thank you Tod. I was losing so much sleep trying to remember our school fight song. NOT!!!

Seriously, I remembered the first three lines when you posed the question on Joanne's blog, so I'm glad you found out and posted the lyrics. For me that meant I hadn't lost all of my mind yet! Thanks.

Joel said...

No problem here finding the SHS fight song lyrics using Google. I just typed in "Schoolcraft High School Fight Song" and BAMB! first link takes me to a blog with the lyrics posted right on it. Wonder how you could have missed it, padre? Maybe you need to get your glasses prescription adjusted or something :D

~joanne said...

I feel more complete!

Tod Henderson said...

joel - wonder how that happened ?? HAHA - that was US!

Joel said...

That's why it looked so familiar! Gee golly gosh, dad, you're so smart ;)

julie said...

Where is the blog about the MSU fight song!! I'm feeling left out!!

~joanne said...

I only was able to do the...Rah Rah Rah part!

Joel said...

madre, I was facetiously referring to the Team Henderson blog. Once padre had posted the fight song on the blog, I did a Google search of my own for the lyrics, and the website at the top of the list was Team Henderson.

The Hendersons said...

Joel - try googling Mr. and Mrs. Joel Henderson!

Joel said...

Alzheimers moment, padre; you emailed me about that months ago.