Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

October 3, 2009

Epic Fail Day!

Do you ever have a day that holds so much promise? That could just be soooo good if things just work out right? That you just roll out of bed to get started?

Well - today could have been that day. Instead, it turned into Epic Fail Day '09. We should have had a BBQ in it's honor. Sheesh.

First, Michigan breaks my heart by tieing - then losing to MSU. I am pleased for Julie - genuinely. And, begrudgingly I'm happy for those oddballs in my family that actually like MSU and root for them. But, come on! Julie spent the afternoon trying to find someone in Michigan that could buy her a 'three peat' shirt.. for next year. Epic Fail.

Then, our beloved Washington goes into South Bend to play the Neutered Dames. They, too, end up tied after regulation and go down hard in OT. Epic Fail.

Finally, Cal gets Epically spanked by USC.

But, as I sit here typing this... I have to admit the day wasn't really all so bad. After all, I got to spend the day with Julie and I just love being able to do that. And, I got to text and phone all sorts of family and friends. I'm grateful to have such a great son, sister, nephew, father-in-law and friends that I can experience defeat in community. Defeat suffered alone can be debilitating. Defeat surrounded by love. Well, it's just not as bad, now is it? And I'm thankful we got to see Hannah and Maggie. They are so fun to be around and we had a great chance to laugh and enjoy a meal together. That was great! And I love that God provides so lovingly for us. We really do get to enjoy some fun times - things some people don't get an opportunity to. And after all - these games aren't meant to define us; but to entertain us.

So, this Epic Fail Day - it ain't so bad. But - let's not make a habit of it! Okay?

5 comments:

~joanne said...

A day of mourning!

Janice said...

I could send you some Colt's posters. I heard they are doing ok this year.

Joel said...

OK?! They are 4-0, and Payton Manning has thrown for over 300 yards every game. Yes, that can be considered OK by some stretch of the imagination.

Hannah said...

we got SPANKED. soooo painful.

The Hendersons said...

tru dat, hannah. tru dat.