Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

October 7, 2009

Ultrasonic Joy

I was sitting in our One Another Group - obviously paying serious attention when I saw the following email from Joel. What joy it brought to my heart! Check it out:

As promised, here are the images from our ultrasound appointment today. Let me know if you need help interpreting what you're looking at.





























In all the pictures, the head is the largest mass. In one of the pictures, you can even see it's arms and what look like hands with amorphous fingers! The best part, which you can't see in the pictures, was watching its heart beat (167
beats per minute was the official reading). The display on the screen of the heart rhythm looked like a billet of Damascus steel, and I thought to myself, and later shared with Carissa, how cool it would be if I could get someone to make a knife using steel folded to match the pattern of my first-born child's fetal heartbeat! It would cost 1000s of dollars and be utterly ridiculous, but at the same time utterly awesome!





























3 comments:

Cassie said...

Awwe! What a little peanut! How exciting!

Joel said...

BTW, today marks 10 official weeks.

julie said...

Most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. Sorry to say but large heads do run in our family!!