Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

October 1, 2009

Final Justice

After some thought - I finally decided what I was going to do about my ticket this week.

My choices:
a) Pay the fine online $389 online and take traffic school (keep the infraction off my DMV record)
b) Show up for my arraignment - plead not-guilty - and fight the man.
c) Show up for my arraignment - plead no-contest - and pay the man.

And the winner was.... C!

Yep, I wasn't going to give the court the satisfaction of a guilty plea.. but I've got too much good stuff going on in my life to fight this forever. It WAS educational and interesting to investigate the process. But, in the end the risk vs. reward is too great to fight the system. And, there is the small matter that I was speeding at the time I was ticketed.

I was very pleased to find out that because of my stellar driving record (or should I say - EX-stellar driving record) my fine was reduced from $389.. to.. $161. Sha-boo-ya!! So, I did learn that going to the arraignment is worthwhile. I encourage you to do so if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Next step.. online traffic school - then back to a more normal, drama-free life!

7 comments:

~joanne said...

WIMP!

Joel said...

WHAT!! You can take online traffic school! SERIOUSLY!! So not only did you get your ticket reduced by over half, but you also don't have to sit through 8 hours of mind-numbing Hell on Earth! Well, padre, you may not think it, but you just pwned the man, because you can trust me well when I say that your scenario is NOT the norm! I will not hear another word from you complaining about the DMV, future speeding tickets, or any related subject. SERIOUSLY!!

Jon Logan said...

Good investigating Tod, well done.

Hannah said...

I can do your online traffic school... I'm a PRO!

Lurinda said...

As a witness to the event! This outcome it just great! I am glad to know that your investigating has paid off. I was not looking forward to hearing you would have to work and work to pay the man!

Enjoy your ONLINE traffic school! When you get stuck, just call Hannah and Maggie, they seem to be the experts!

Seriously, congrats! I know the stress you have put yourself through!

Joel said...

SERIOUSLY!!

Vicki said...

Impressive Tod!