Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

December 6, 2009

Bring It On!!!!

THE WALK is on!

Hannah and Maggie officially began walking from San Francisco to Santa Clara at approximately 5:10 am this morning! The weather was a brisk 42 degrees. So, you can be in prayer for them a) that they are safe and enjoy the walk and b) that they don't freeze to death!

I picked them up at their dorm around 4:40 am. Hannah's ready to get to the Jeep and get over to San Francisco to start the walk. Check out Maggie's enthusiastic look :)

















The original plan was for me to drive them to Jon and Rachel's house as their starting point. As we were driving over the Bay Bridge from Oakland to San Francisco I asked Hannah if she had a map to get from Jon and Rachel's house to El Camino Real. Yikes! No map! What were they thinking?? :)

So - quick change of plans. I knew that Mission Street turns into El Camino Real - which is a straight shot to Santa Clara. So, I took them to Mission Street and let them off at a 7-11 store.

They did however make matching shirts. Check them out. Too funny.















When I left them I drove down El Camino a bit and stopped at a coffee shop to get some Java for the ride home. As I was heading back out to the Jeep to get the camera and take a candid shot of them along the way - I could hear them talking from a hundred yards away. They saw the Jeep (bums).. so I missed my big shot.. but here's Hannah outside the door of the coffee shop. Umm.. did you see what she (and Maggie) are wearing? Yeah, that's right. No map AND they are wearing shorts in 40 degree weather! Please pray!

















Well, they pressed on from there... into the early morning. Good luck girls! Bring it on!!!

5 comments:

~joanne said...

They say..insanity runs in families!

Joel said...

Way to edit your comment, Aunt Joanne. You know, madre is a spotty speller as well; maybe that trait from in families too ;)

~joanne said...

Hey..easy Jeol!

Joel said...

I shall refrain from commenting on your last comment, suffice it to say that had I wanted to comment on it, I could have.

Lurinda said...

Unbelievable! Just let me know if they make it home by your birthday!
Rock on girls!