Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

December 29, 2009

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's been over 3 weeks since I messed up my legs and have been unable to run. My body has been begging me do some aerobic exercise for days. Well, as I listened to Glee: The Music, Volume 1 I became inspired by these words from Taking Changes:

I just wanna start again
And maybe you could show me how to try
And maybe this is goin' too fast
And maybe it's not meant to last

But what do you say to takin' chances?
What do you say to jumpin' off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or a hand to hold or hell to pay
What do you say?

Well, I said - let's go! So, off I went this morning. It was definitely a slow run. A technique I learned awhile back is that when you want to go for a longer run or are running for the first time in awhile - slow down. The suggestion is that you run approximately 1 to 1&1/2 miles per hour slower than your normal running rate. Since it's been awhile I took that advice and started to assess how my body was feeling.

After about half my 8 mile run my body was starting to feel the affects of so much time off. However, Glee saved the day. I just plugged in Glee: The Music, Volume 1 - Keep Holding On to inspire me. Rachel and Fynn gave me the strength to keep going.

You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go you know I won't give in
No I won't give in.

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
Cause you know I'm here for you
There's nothing you can say, nothing you can do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through.

I just got back and my legs are tightening up a bit. But, it felt soooo good to finally get some exercise! Yay! Thank you Glee for getting me through this difficult time!

8 comments:

Joel said...

Whenever I need to get psyched up, I listen to hard rock like Dwight. Dragonforce always helps me take it up a notch.

~joanne said...

Maybe you should go sit in your hot tub & relax!

Joel said...

This is an announcement: there is now an inch of snow covering Salem. It just totally snuck up on us, like a ninja winter-wonderland.

The Hendersons said...

wow! i didn't think you got snow there! did you build a snowman?

julie said...

Just to warn everyone Julie is getting on facebook in 2010!!

~joanne said...

say it ain't so! That's a resolution even I could keep!

Vicky said...

You Rock

Lurinda said...

Glad to see you back at it! I will have to try that, have to get back to running by April. Not working so far, knee is still sore! Heck getting old.