Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

December 13, 2009

It's My Birthday

Just to show you just how out of control the Team Henderson schedule can be some days - we planned a family dinner for my birthday last Sunday night. Yep, the same night that Hannah and Maggie were on their quest, a few hours after we picked our Christmas tree and 2 hours after I tried to kill myself ;)















I got to pick the restaurant! Yay! So, we went to Maggiano's which is a wonderful Italian restaurant located at Santana Row. I love their food (their Medallions of Beef are amazing!) and it's a very festive place to eat and enjoy a celebration. Thank you Auntie for documenting the event and sharing your pictures with us. You did great.





























We selected a family style menu - which provided for a variety of delightful dishes in massive quantities. You definitely are unable to starve if you eat at Maggiano's.

Here's us as we just got started. I think that's a pretty good smile for someone that is having difficulty sitting upright ;)















Auntie and Karen raised a glass!















Here's Julie and Tim enjoying the appetizers.















The whole meal was sensational - but their cheese cake is to die for! We took on piece out and passed it around. However, we had them bag up our desserts because Rachel had already taken care of that!! Dessert was awaiting us as we returned home.















When we got there - here's what we found. Maggie and Hannah (and Indy) were in recovery mode from their walk. Don't they look comfy!















Here's my beloved "adopted daughter" :) Rachel. Hey, you make me a cake like Rachel did and you'll be beloved too ;) That is one spectacular cake that you can read about on her blog.















Here's the crew - except Auntie who was taking the photo - thanks Auntie!















And - we even had a guest appearance during the present opening of the card that Joel and Carissa sent me along with their gift! Apparently, they're reminding me of a little navigation 'issue' that occurred while we were up there visiting! We missed them not being there... but many thanks to everyone who came and made this a really wonderful celebration. I love you all!

9 comments:

~joanne said...

Liking Tim's festive necklace!

Joel said...

Glad you liked the card! Carissa gets the credit for locating it. Thankfully "someone-who-shall-not-be-named" wasn't there to foul up the discovery, otherwise we may have dead-ended into the Get Well section :D

Good to know your "other" kids are doing a good job standing in while your real ones are in abscentia. Take good care of him, Jon and Rachel.

The Hendersons said...

joel - hahaha! you are too funny. i can see you are sharpening your commenting keyboard in hopes of securing your 2009 BLOGGIE. Succulent strokes my son. succulent strokes!

and.. just so you know.. noone could ever replace you, carissa and tater! we miss you immensely! thank you soooo much for being an important part of our blog - keeping us connected!! it makes me feel a little closer to you!

Hannah said...

Hangie looks a hot mess... yikes... Worst Picture Bloggie 2009 for sure.. haha

~joanne said...

You are lucky to have Rachel...and her cooking abilities!

The Hendersons said...

joanne! i am blessed with all sorts of good things all around me! how are Christmas preparations going out your way?

The Hendersons said...

btw - joel - i like my chances at 200 at this point :)

Hannah said...

TUESDAY TWEET: Finals are really coming up and biting me in the butt!!!! It's like I keep waking up from naps and thinking.. OH CRAP I HAVE TO LEARN A WHOLE SEMESTER IN 2 HOURS!

Joel said...

I like your chances too. Mr. Trusdale would be proud.