Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

August 19, 2010

Happy Happy Happy

I enjoyed my Olympus camera (the one I left sitting on a stump in Yosemite).  However, one aspect of its performance made me crazy.  It was lousy in low light situations.  For instance, it had this totally annoying habit of using the flash outdoors anytime a cloud would pass by (a massive exaggeration.. but you get the point).  Indoors, if it didn't have sufficient light to focus it would start strobing the flash unit - repetitively - trying to create enough light to focus.  I had many photos I just had to give up on altogether because my subjects didn't want to wait for the camera to finally find them and take the photo.  And, then there was the guy that fell into an epileptic seizure due to the strobing.  That sucked.

My research on the Canon led me to believe it would be much better in low light.  So, I was cautiously optimisitic.  I haven't had much time to play with it yet.. but I did take it out on my evening walk the other night.  The picture above is of the side of Santa Clara Library.  It was taken about 20 mins after sunset.  I was so happy.  The flash didn't pop up.  The camera didn't whine.  It just.. well, took the picture.  Better yet, it turned out!  My heart skipped a beat or two.  And, for you photo enthusiasts - it only had to use ISO 320 for the picture.  That means it could have been much, much darker.. because my camera can go to ISO 12,800. 

Niiiccceeee!

5 comments:

~joanne said...

overwhelmed with joy!

Vicky said...

glad you are so happy and I am sure that you are talking right up your sisters ally. It IS a nice photo though - crisp and clear!!! Even I can tell you that...

julie said...

I am thinking of losing my camera :)

Tod Henderson said...

i just think julie and joanne are trying to see who can post the funniest comments. who's winning?

~joanne said...

ME! always!