Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

January 25, 2009

Go Eagles!

I wanted to share with you some pictures my sister Lurinda took. This weekend she had an awe inspiring opportunity to travel to a spot in Illinois where bald eagles are known to migrate to during the winter. She went with her faithful sidekick Lori;) I only spent a few minutes talking with her - but it appears they saw over 75 bald eagles during their brief visit over the weekend.. which I find pretty amazing!

She tells me she took over 3000 pictures! And I got her to email a couple quick samples that I can share with you. When she gets back and has a chance to look through her haul... she's going to pass more along!



5 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the pics. Where in Illinois did your sister visit to see the Eagles? I live here and would love to this for myself! Please share.

The Hendersons said...

hi vicki. i think she said it was in alton, illinois. in the same area as st. louis missouri i think.
lurinda??

Vicki said...

Thank you - I googled Alton, IL. and they get 1,000+ eagles migrating back to their nests every January. Fascinating. The things one never knows about the state they live in.

Oh, and then there are the things about your state you wish no one knew (Blagojevich- we are so ashamed!)

The Hendersons said...

vicki - i hear the big B is completely innocent ;)

the real problem, apparently, is getting a fair trial in your state ;) hahahahaha

Lurinda said...

Thanks for the post, bro! I will see about getting you more soon (this weekend). Alton, Il is correct place to visit for eagles. Dec to March they are there for the winter. They have sightings of eagles in different spots with hundreds in each spot at times. Awesome experience - recommend anyone to spend time there, I know I can't wait to go back again!

Best thing was calling my bro to share from a far! PRICELESS!