Welcome! And thanks for visiting!

We love comments - so please feel free to be a part of our blog by adding your voice.

January 11, 2009

Random Acts To Share

It's been a challenge to keep up with sharing on the blog with so many fun things going on... so here's some relatively random pictures of events... just to catch up!

Here's a couple pictures I took of Jon and Rachel one day when we were out and about. I think they turned out really good. The trick I used here is to 'fill flash' the subject... meaning that I used the flash even though there was a lot of light outside.. because the light was behind them. In this way, their faces are completely exposed with light (thanks Tim for the reminder)!



















Here's another picture of them ... with Jon about to 'Yreka' me ;) To understand that you have to know that once Julie got a ticket in Yreka, CA during a trip to visit Joel in Salem. Now, you know that the Hendersons are definitely a family of traditions. Some of them more obscure and odd than others! Well, as you might be able to guess at this point.. there is a certain tradition we do when we drive by Yreka (we NEVER go into their city anymore!) now. If you can't guess what it is... good for you ;)



















Now, thinking about imaginative poses.. here's an interesting pose for Hannah. I'm not flexible enough to do this.. so I was impressed ;) You know, when I asked her to look at the camera..I kind of expected her to turn at the waist instead of bending over and looking through their legs. Obviously, my bad for not thinking outside the box!



















Oh, and speaking of flexible.. ever seen Elsie pole-dance? How about playing horse-shoes? Now you have! We had sooooo much fun with Elsie while she was here! And I think she loved hanging with all our friends and family! We love you Grandma! And, yes, you are on the 'log' again ;)



















Well, since we're talking about horse-shoes... this is a good time to share with you that Hannah, Julie and a bunch of their friends went horseback riding the other morning over in Half Moon Bay at the Sea Horse Ranch. They went at 8:00 am and the weather was fantastic. Here's a few highlights of their 2 hour ride!










































































And while we're on the subject of horses... here's a couple pictures of Tim and Grandma Elsie trying to keep up. Shhhh... nobody tell them that the horses aren't real!





























Finally, here's a great picture of Auntie and her favorite horse! How's that for chaining a bunch of seemingly unrelated events together Joel? ;)



















BTW... it's 70 degrees and sunny this afternoon. So, it's off for a run for me!

With much love!

P.S. I was thinking fondly of Julie's mom, Sharon, as I re-read this entry. I used to laugh at how she could 'chain' together a bunch of un-related events into one big long story at times. I guess some of her skills rubbed off on me. I know they did on Joanne! She was a lot of fun and I miss her!

4 comments:

~joanne said...

The horse with Auntie...looks like he's embarrassed....

What fun pictures. I love that we can share your life in more than a phone call every month...keep it up! I think I have been more involved in your everyday life than ever before...love it!

Joel said...

As a founding member of Team Henderson I thought I'd be receiving updates concerning all traditions, but that must not be the case since I was unaware of the customary Yreka passing gesture. Maybe the newsletter isn't getting forwarded to my new address. Oh well. Anything else I should know about?

padre, you should offer to do Jon and Rachel's engagement photos; that'll save them a good deal of doe. If JT doesn't like the idea, you can have him call me and I'll be happy to let him know how much professional photo sessions cost. I mean, Carissa and I could afford them, but that's because the cost of living is dramatically different here. For what a one bedroom apartment with no dishwasher costs there you could rent both units in our duplex :D

The Hendersons said...

Joel - good point. The only reason you weren't briefed in on this operation was its unusually spiteful nature. We were maintaining operational purity on your side. In summary, you did not have a need to know. Our apologies. You have been fully briefed on all other traditions! Over.

The Hendersons said...

joanne - i feel exactly the same way about keeping track of your blog! blogging is a great alternative to the infrequent letter and picture sharing that preceded it. and remember, YOU were actually the first blogger in the family and the inspiration for our blog. so, good for you!